A creamy fettuccini pasta is always a winner in our book but top it off with lobster to make it a truly decedent meal. Enjoy with Ferrari-Carano Emelia’s Cuvée Chardonnay
FOR THE PASTA
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 4 cloves garlic
FOR THE GREMOLATA
- ½ cup toasted bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and toasted in olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large lobster tails
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine pasta ingredients, and let mix on low for 10 minutes, until a smooth, elastic ball forms.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Let rest in a cool, dry area for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is resting, combine cream, Chardonnay, and garlic in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Reduce on low heat to roughly 2 cups.
- Bring a pot of medium water to boil and add lobster tails. Cook for about 5 minutes, then transfer to an ice bath. Once lobster is chilled, remove the shells and cut into large pieces.
- Once pasta dough is rested, divide into 4 equal portions and run through a pasta roller on the widest setting, dropping a size with every pass until size 4 is reached.
- Cut pasta using a fettuccine attachment or cut with a knife to 1/8th inch strips.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until done.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat, and combine lobster, cream reduction, and pasta. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine all gremolata ingredients in a small, separate bowl.
- To plate, portion the pasta evenly amongst 4 pasta bowls, and top with a portion of the gremolata.