You can never go wrong with Prime Rib, especially during the holidays! Try out our version of this delicious holiday star!
- 7 pounds rib- eye roast (prime rib)
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 tbsp. garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. thyme, picked from stem, chopped
- 2 tsp. rosemary, fresh, fine chopped
- 1 tbsp. oregano, fresh, fine chopped
- 1 each yellow onion, peeled, large diced
- 1 each carrot, peeled, large diced
- 4 each celery stalks, large diced
- 2 each bay leaf
Season the rib-eye roast with Kosher salt and black pepper.
Assemble the butter: combine the butter, garlic, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Coat all sides of the rib eye with the butter mixture.
Let rib-eye rest overnight in the refrigerator. Pull the rib-eye from the refrigerator and let it temper for 2- 3 hours.
Pre heat the oven to 500 degrees. Prepare a baking dish by spreading the onion, celery, carrot, and bay leaves, creating a bed. Place the rib-eye roast on vegetables. Oven sear the rib-eye for 15 – 20 minutes until the outside starts to brown. Turn oven to 225 degrees and cook until an internal temperature of 125 degrees is reached, around 3 hours.
Pull the roast from the oven and loosely cover the pan with foil. Let the roast rest for 10 – 15 minutes. Slice and serve with your favorite prime rib condiments.