Mushroom Risotto with a glass of Ferrari-Carano Pinot Noir? What else could you want! This delicious mushroom risotto is easy but yet so delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio Rice
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Ferrari-Carano Pinot Noir, reduce to ½ cup
- 3½ cups mushroom stock, hot
- 3½ cups chicken or roasted vegetable stock, hot
- 1 pound Brown Clamshell mushrooms, roasted
- To taste Kosher Salt
- To taste black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup Valley Ford Estero Gold Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Vella Dry Jack Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, ½” dice
Heat the chicken and mushroom stock and reserve.
In a large pot or sauté pan on medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Toast the rice for 2 – 3 minutes then add onion, sweat the mixture for another 4 – 5 minutes and add the garlic. Deglaze with the pinot noir reduction, then immediately add about 2 cups of stock. Continually stir adding more stock as it is absorbed into the rice. This process will take 20 – 25 minutes. When all stock is incorporated, add ½ the roasted mushrooms, both cheeses, chopped parsley and the butter.
Remove from the heat, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Scoop into serving dish and add remaining mushrooms for garnish.