Pair this easy-to-make Gruyere Mac & Cheese with any one of our Chardonnays, like the Sonoma County Chardonnay or Tré Terre Chardonnay.
Sonoma CountyShop now
Everything about mac and cheese makes us want to smile! Deliciously cheesy, ultra creamy and topped with crunchy sourdough breadcrumbs, trust us, people will be asking for more!
- 1 pd. dried cavatappi, or other dried pasta of your choice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 4-oz. stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. pecorino, grated
- 2 tbsp. thyme, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped finely
- 1 cup sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Whisk in milk little by little, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add in cream cheese, Gruyere and Dijon to sauce. Add cooked pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For gremolata: in a small bowl, combine pecorino, breadcrumbs, thyme, chives, parsley and olive oil.
Plate the mac and cheese in four, oven safe bowls, and sprinkle generously with gremolata. Place bowls on a baking sheet, and broil in oven for about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Serve with your favorite FC Chardonnay!