A light and refreshing dish calls for light and refreshing wines — pair with Fumé Blanc, Pinot Grigio or Dry Sangiovese Rosé.
Ferrari-Carano Fumé Blanc
Sonoma CountyShop now
Light and refreshing with just the right amount of kick. So easy you’ll be making this all summer long!
- 1 personal sized watermelon, about 3lbs
- ½ tsp Korean, Aleppo or Berbere chili flakes
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
1. Preheat grill on high. Slice watermelon in half lengthwise, then again to cut into quarters. Slice quarters into ¾ inch slices.
2. Season watermelon with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
3. Grill watermelon for about 3 minutes per side, until grill marks are achieved.
4. To serve, top with crumbled feta, tear basil with hands into large pieces and garnish.